Having a working camera and microphone are part of the eVisit experience. If your camera/microphone is not working, ensure no other programs are currently using them.
Programs like Skype, FaceTime, or Snapchat can prevent eVisit from accessing the camera and microphone. Please make sure they are closed.
Table of Contents
- How to give the eVisit app access to the camera: Apple
- How to give the eVisit app access to the microphone: Apple
- If using the Safari web browser - Camera and Microphone
- If using the eVisit app on an Android device
- If using Google Chrome or Firefox to access eVisit: Android Devices
How to give the eVisit app access to the camera: Apple
Tap your settings icon
Find and tap Privacy
- Find and tap Camera
- Find eVisit and make sure the selector is toggled to the right and is showing green
How to give the eVisit app access to the microphone: Apple
Tap the Settings icon
Find and tap Privacy
Find and tap Microphone
- Find eVisit and make sure the selector is toggled to the right and shows green
If using the Safari web browser - Camera and Microphone
- Navigate to and open the settings app on your Apple device
Locate and open your Safari settings
Scroll down to Camera and Microphone
Open each one and click Allow (a blue checkmark will indicate success)
If using the eVisit app on an Android device
Make sure you have Allowed Permissions to eVisit to use your camera.
- Navigate to Settings
Find and tap Apps
- Find and select the eVisit app
Make sure the Camera and Microphone permissions are enabled
If using Google Chrome or Firefox to access eVisit: Android Devices
Navigate to the Settings app of your Android device
(Settings icon from Google Pixel smartphone shown)
Tap the magnifying glass to search the settings
Type Chrome, then select the one you use
Determine if your Camera/Microphone is ALLOWED or DENIED
If they are DENIED, tap on it.
Change the permission setting to "Allow only while using the app"
Now confirm your camera/microphone both show up under ALLOWED
Your camera and microphone are now set up to work with the browser.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help! Please contact eVisit Technical Support at (928) 297-2294 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.