A major improvement is the video infrastructure, which will enhance the overall visit quality for all participants across different devices. The user interface also has many noticeable accessibility improvements, such as ease of use and a simplified design. Some of the key updates are listed below.
Note: This does not apply to Express Visits.
Updates to the visit experience
- Attendees are now referred to as Participants
- All participants in the virtual exam room can see each other in the main view, not just the patient and provider. Previously, you had to open the side-panel to see other participants.
Video Lobby is now supported in the native app, desktop, and mobile web versions of eVisit
- The function of muting participants has changed - the provider can no longer mute all the participants at once; however, participants can individually mute other participants. This is useful if someone has stepped away or there is distracting background noise from a participant’s feed. Once muted, only the participant that was muted can unmute himself/herself.
- Changing the camera and microphone is supported on the native app
- All participants can invite additional participants by sending a link via email and text; which is supported on native app, desktop, and mobile web.
- Calling the patient (Voice over Internet Protocol-VoIP) from within a visit and inviting participants to a visit through VoIP has been removed from the platform
- Providers can no longer reset a patient’s connection from their side of the visit
- Providers will no longer see the post-visit actions summary page (Fig. 1)
- The notification of “next patient waiting” has been removed
- Providers are the only participants who can remove others from the visit
- Participants can pin other participants
The video lobby
A. Only providers will see the banner informing them how and where to disable the video lobby
(Once “Got it” is clicked, the message will not return)
B. Allows users to view and change camera and audio sources
C. Allow users to disable the camera and mute the microphone before joining the visit
D. Allow users to view their camera video display before joining the visit
Whenever a patient is in the Video Lobby, the waiting room patient status displays Lobby
Note: If a Quick Entry Visit was used, the patient status is Arrived, not Lobby.
Providers can turn the Video Lobby on or off from their My Account page in the Audio & Video section.
- Clicking the participant button will display each participant’s name and the mute button and controls to pin and remove a participant (inside the ellipsis)
- The participant list is now divided into three sections; In Visit, Invited, and Denied
- In Visit: Each invited participant who is currently in the video visit
- Invited: Each invited participant who has either not yet joined the video visit, has joined but then left, or a denied participant gets reinvited
- Denied: Each invited participant that has either joined the video visit and was then removed by a provider or an invited participant that was denied by the provider when requesting to join the visit
- All participants can now share their screens
- Screen share is only available on the desktop version
- To screen share, a participant has to click the screen share button in the control bar
- Choose the screen to share, then click Share
- When a participant screen shares, there will be two video streams—one displaying the screen share and one displaying the participant’s video feed
- A new screen share will automatically pin, but they do not override existing pinned videos
- A black overlay will be displayed over the shared video for the sharing participant to avoid infinite video repetition. They can click the remove overlay button to turn the overlay off
|The version of eVisit accessed through the internet from a practice-specific URL on a desktop or laptop computer.
|Similar to the desktop version, but instead of a desktop or laptop computer, the user accesses eVisit through the mobile browser on their smartphone or tablet.
|The eVisit app downloaded from the Apple App Store or the Google Play store.
|Pinning a participant’s video moves their video to the main video. Unpinning participants move their video to the top row if other participants speak.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help! Please contact eVisit Technical Support at (928) 297-2294 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.