As a scheduler you will find that managing a provider’s schedule is easy to do in eVisit. The comprehensive scheduling tool provides you with the ability to manage all aspects of scheduling virtual visits for your practice and providers. This guide does not cover how to create See Now, ExpressVisits or Quick Entry visits, but will explain how to create Availability Time Blocks for those visits, if your practice uses them.
In this guide, you will learn how to:
- Manage provider availability
- Schedule a visit for a patient
- Create a new patient profile and schedule their first appointment
- View upcoming visits and visit details
- Reschedule and cancel appointments
Manage Provider Availability
As a scheduler, you will need to manage providers' availability. This includes creating and editing availability time blocks for each provider you schedule for.
Using Availability Time Blocks
In eVisit, we have four types of visits. There are Scheduled, See Now, ExpressVisits, and QuickEntry visits. Depending on your practice's configuration, a Scheduled Visit is created by either the patient, clinical staff member, or scheduler for a specific date and, or time in the future.
Availability time blocks specify a specific time-period in which a patient will be able to be scheduled a visit or request a See Now visit with their provider.
To open a specific provider’s calendar and create/update an availability time block, follow these steps:
- Open the user menu and select My Account
- From the menu on the left, choose Availability
The Set Availability calendar will display.
- Next to the Time Zone filter, click inside Provider Filter to open it
Search for a specific provider by entering their name in the field or scroll through the available list. When you locate the correct provider, select them by clicking their name.
If this provider is in another time zone, open the Time Zone filter and select their time zone as well. This will help you schedule within the right time zone.
- Inside the calendar, click within the column of the day you want to create an availability time block
- In the Availability window, adjust the start and end time in the Time field
- Select the Availability options that are appropriate for your practice:
- Put me on call – Select to enable patients to request a See Now visit which will allow the provider's On-Call toggle to automatically turn on and off based on the time blocks
- Allow scheduled visits – Select to enable either the patient or provider to schedule a visit during this time
- Select both options to make a provider available for both kinds of visit
In the example below, we have created an availability time block of 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM. We have also selected the Availability options of both on-call (See Now) and scheduled visits. Patients can now be scheduled during this time frame, and request to be seen in an on-demand fashion.
Select Repeat weekly to repeat this availability time block every week.
Note: You can create availability time blocks throughout the day/week for schedulable visits, on-call visits, or both. In the example below:
A) Monday has Schedulable and On Call from 7:15 AM – 11:00 AM
B) Tuesday has On Call only from 8:30 AM – 11:00 AM
C) Wednesday has Schedulable only from 8:15 AM – 11:30 AM
D) The blue line shows the current time on the current day
- Create more availability time blocks as needed
- Click Save when finished
Editing Availability Time Blocks
Schedules aren’t written in stone. Sometimes providers won’t be available on the same days and times. eVisit makes it easy to adjust and edit a provider’s availability time blocks. To edit a provider’s availability, open the provider’s Set Availability calendar just as you did when you created them.
- Click inside the availability block you need to edit
- Make the desired changes, such as adjusting the time span or the availability options
To delete the time block completely, click Delete and confirm.
- Click Save when finished
Schedule a Visit
Scheduling a visit for a patient is very simple and straightforward. Be sure to have the patient’s first or last name, date of birth, or email address so you can search for them. As a scheduler when you log in you will only see the Scheduling screen by default. This tab displays eVisit’s scheduling tool.
- To begin, click inside the Patient field and enter the patient’s first or last name, date of birth, or email
From the list of matching results, select the desired patient. The patient's first and last names are displayed, along with their email address and date of birth.
- Continue filling out the remaining options from left to right. Select the Visit Type, provider, date, and time
Note: The provider’s available dates will be highlighted, and the times they are available will display after you choose a date.
- Finally, click Schedule Visit
The patient will receive a text message and/or an email alerting them that an appointment was scheduled for them. It will contain a link they will use to log in and confirm their visit.
Create and Schedule a New Patient
When a new patient calls for an appointment, you can quickly create their profile and schedule an appointment for them with minimal information.
- Inside the Scheduling tab, click inside the Patient field
- Click Create Now to open the Create Patient window
- Enter the patient’s first and last name, date of birth, and email address
- Click Create Now
- Follow the steps above to schedule the patient’s visit
Again, depending on your practice's configuration, when you click the Schedule Visit button, the patient automatically receives an email and, or text message informing them of their new appointment. This email includes the date and time of the appointment, as well as a link to complete their new patient registration and confirm their visit. An example is shown below.
View Upcoming Visits
As a scheduler in eVisit you may want to know more about upcoming visits, or you may need to find an upcoming visit and reschedule or cancel it.
To view the details of an upcoming visit, click the Scheduling tab. Below the scheduling tool, locate the visit you want to view using the filters, if needed. Search by provider, date range, or patient name.
Click anywhere inside the visit row to open up the side panel.
The visit details will display in the visit sidebar along with the patient’s profile. From here you can add attachments, schedule the next appointment, and more. The visit side panel is like a digital assistant!
Reschedule a Visit
Patients’ and providers’ schedules can change at a moment’s notice. Maybe a patient has a conflicting appointment, or their lab work hasn’t come back yet. You can quickly locate a provider’s next available date and time with the scheduling tool.
- Locate the visit you need to reschedule by using the Patient filter or Search field
- On the right side of the visit row click the More icon
- Click the Calendar icon
The appointment tab in the visit sidebar will open.
- Click Edit
- Click in the Date field and select a new day and time from the available dates
- Click Schedule Visit
Cancel a Visit
It’s unavoidable and sometimes a visit needs to be canceled. Schedules abruptly change, life happens, and rescheduling a visit may not be an option. The scheduling tool provides a quick and easy way to cancel an appointment and document the reason why.
To begin, locate the visit to cancel.
- On the right side of the visit row, click Cancel
- Click Yes to confirm you want to cancel the appointment
- If prompted, select the reason for canceling the visit, and then click Submit
Still Have Questions?
We’re here to help! Please contact eVisit Technical Support at (928) 297-2294 or email us at email@example.com.