As an administrator of eVisit, you may need to locate specific visits to ensure they have been completed and billed or just download a visit summary for a patient.
This guide will teach you how to search for specific visits through the dashboard or the Visits tab, understand visit states, and download a visit summary.
How to search for a visit
From the dashboard
If you have the unique Visit ID or the Reference ID for a visit, you can use the Search Visits filter to locate a specific visit in one click. To do so, enter the Reference ID or the Visit ID and click Go.
You can still find a visit through the Visits tab if you do not have either ID number.
From the Visits Tab
You may not have the Visit ID or the Reference ID. No worries! You can find the visit you’re looking for using a few filters in the Visits tab.
- In the main header, click the Visits tab
A list of visits will appear in reverse chronological order (most recent first). Full view of the Visits page.
Magnified image of the first nine columns of the Visits page.
- On the right side of the page, use as many of the filters as you need to find the visit. You can use Patient name, Preferred Physician, and Practice name
If you want to remove certain visits, test users, and statuses from appearing, use the created at (searches all visits), scheduled at (only searches for scheduled visits), or canceled at (searches all visits) date ranges. You can also filter out visits by their using the DO NOT SHOW modifiers (Fig. 5).
- Click Filter to view a list of matching results
- Scroll through the list to locate the visit(s) to view
- Click Reference ID at the far left of the row, or on the far right of the row, click View to see the visit details
How to review visit details
The Visit Details page provides visit details such as the reason for the visit, chart notes, key events (like when the visit started and participant interactions), chat transcripts, payment info, attachments, and more. The image below shows you the Visit Details section.
A. Reference ID – A unique, HIPAA-compliant (obfuscated) ID specifically generated for the visit. It is used to identify the visit without using Personal Health Information (PHI). It contains a combination of letters and numbers.
B. State – Displays the current visit state:
- Completed – Provider and patient both connected for the visit.
- Cancelled – Visit was cancelled by the patient or the provider.
- Expired – Patient never joined the visit.
- Autocancelled – Patient started a request for a visit, but never completed it; it will automatically cancel 24 hours after the request was initiated.
C. Summary – Use to download a PDF of the visit summary to your device.
D. Practice, Provider, Patient – The name and a link to each account.
How to review specific parts of a visit
Below the Visit Details section are 11 tabs that correspond to a specific part of the visit you have opened. Depending on how your organization has these set up, you can see a great deal of information about what happened in the visit and infrastructure details (Session Data and Media Quality Stats) about the visit. A description of all tabs can be found below (from left to right):
- Details – The reason for the request, a brief description of the illness and any chart notes.
Key Events – Displays the events of a visit in a date/time-stamped format (Fig. 8).
- Session Data – Displays what browsers and devices the provider and patient used.
- Media Quality Stats – Displays the visit’s connection, audio, and video quality.
- Chat Transcript – Displays chat messages exchanged during the visit.
- Payments – View payment information or charge the patient from here.
- Notifications – Displays each notification sent, to whom, and by what method – You can also resend notifications from here.
- Surveys – If your organization has a patient survey, and the patient filled it out, the answers would be here.
- Prescriptions – If prescriptions were written during the visit, details of the prescription, when it was sent, and where it was sent will be here.
- Attachments – The details would appear here if the provider or the patient uploaded any attachments.
- Integrations – If your organization has any 3rd party systems (Single Sign On and EMR, for example) integrated with eVisit, details of the integration appear here.
How to download a visit summary
To download a visit summary, follow these steps:
- Use the Visit search box to locate the visit by entering the patient's last name or the reference or visit ID numbers and clicking Go
- At the far right of the visit row, locate the Summary column and click Download
- The visit summary will be downloaded as a PDF
Still have questions?
We’re here to help! Please contact eVisit Technical Support at (928) 297-2294 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.