Visit Management in the Administrative Console
As an administrator of eVisit you may need to locate specific visits to make sure they have been completed, billed, or to just download a visit summary for a patient.
In this guide, you will learn how to search for specific visits through the dashboard or the Visits tab, understand visit states, and download a visit summary.
Search for a Visit
From the Dashboard
If you have the unique Visit ID or the Reference ID for the visit you can use the Search Visits filter to locate a specific visit in one click. To do so, enter the Reference ID, or the Visit ID and click Go.
If you do not have either ID number, you can still find a visit through the Visits tab.
From the Visits Tab
You may not have the Visit ID or the Reference ID. No worries! You can find the visit you’re looking for by using a few filters in the Visits tab.
- In the main header, click the Visits tab
A list of visits will appear in reverse chronological order (most recent first). Full view of the Visits page.
Magnified image of the first 9 columns of the Visits page.
- On the right side of the page, use as many of the filters as you need to find the visit. You can use Patient name, Preferred Physician, and Practice name
If you want to remove certain visits, test users and statuses from appearing, use the created at (searches all visits), scheduled at (only searches for scheduled visits), or canceled at (searches all visits) date ranges. You can also filter out visits by their using the DO NOT SHOW modifiers (see below).
- Click Filter to view a list of matching results
- Scroll through the list to locate the visit(s) to view
- Click Reference ID at the far left of the row, or on the far right of the row, click View to see the visit details
Review Visit Details
The Visit Details page provides visit details such as the reason for the visit, chart notes, key events (like when the visit started and participant interactions), chat transcripts, payment info, attachments and more. The image below shows you the Visit Details section.
A. Reference ID – A unique, HIPAA compliant (obfuscated) ID that’s specifically generated for the visit. It is used to identify the visit without using Personal Health Information (PHI). It contains a combination of letters and numbers.
B. State – Displays the current visit state:
- Completed – Provider and patient both connected for the visit.
- Cancelled – Visit was cancelled by the patient or the provider.
- Expired – Patient never joined the visit.
- Autocancelled – Patient started a request for a visit, but never completed it; it will automatically cancel 24 hours after the request was initiated.
C. Summary – Use to download a PDF of the visit summary to your device.
D. Practice, Provider, Patient – The name of, and a link to each of these accounts.
Review Specific Parts of a Visit
Below the Visit Details section are 11 tabs that correspond to a specific part of the visit you have opened. Depending on how your organization has these set up, you can see a great deal of information about what happened in the visit and infrastructure details (Session Data and Media Quality Stats) about the visit. A description of all tabs can be found below (from left to right):
- Details – The reason for the request, a brief description of the illness and any chart notes.
- Key Events – Displays the events of a visit in a date/time-stamped format.
- Session Data – Displays what browsers and devices were used by the provider and patient.
- Media Quality Stats – Displays information about the visit’s connection, audio, and video quality.
- Chat Transcript – Displays messages exchanged during the visit.
- Payments – View payment information, or charge the patient from here.
- Notifications – Displays each notification sent, to whom, by what method – you can also resend notifications from here.
- Surveys – If your organization has a patient survey, and the patient filled it out, the answers would be here.
- Prescriptions – If prescriptions were written during the visit, details of the prescription, when it was sent and where it was sent will be here.
- Attachments – If any attachments were uploaded by the provider or the patient, details of them would appear here.
- Integrations – If your organization has any 3rd party systems (Single Sign On and EMR for example) integrated with eVisit, details of the integration appear here.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help! Please contact eVisit Technical Support at (928) 297-2294 or email us at email@example.com.