With post visit messaging, providers and support staff can communicate with a patient after their virtual visit is over. This is useful for reminders or quick follow-up messages. This can be completed on a computer or mobile device. Post messaging chat must be turned on by organization in order to use it.
Send a Post Visit Message - Desktop
- In the main navigation menu, click Visit History
- Use the filters at the top to locate the visit
- Click the More icon to open the visit sidebar
- Click Chat
- Inside the field, type your message and click Send
The patient will receive a text message and/or an email letting them know that there is a message waiting for them. They will need to log in to eVisit to view the message. If the patient replies to your post visit chat, you will see a chat notification in the visit row.
Send a Post Visit Message - Mobile
You also have the ability to send a post visit message from your mobile device (if your organization permits the use of personal mobile devices).
- In the top right corner of your screen, tap the three-bar icon
- Tap Visit History
- Locate and tap the appropriate visit; you can use the search bar to search for by the patient's first or last name
- Tap Visit Details
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and tap Chat
- Create your post visit message and tap Send
The patient will receive a text message and/or an email alerting them there is a message waiting for them. Your practice may have enabled the ability for patients to reply. If they reply and you have not opened the message within 20 minutes, you will receive a text message alerting you there is a message waiting.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help! Please contact eVisit Technical Support at (928) 297-2294 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.