Providers and support staff can communicate with patients after their virtual visit by using post-visit messaging. This is useful for reminders or quick follow-up messages. This can be completed on a computer or mobile device. Post-visit messaging must be turned on by the organization to use it.
How to send a post visit message - Desktop computer
In the main navigation menu, click Visit History
- Use the filters at the top to locate the visit you will send a post visit message to
- Click the Chat icon in the Actions column (Fig. 2) to open the chat box in the visit side panel (Fig. 3)
- Inside the field, type your message and click Send
The patient will receive a text message and/or an email letting them know that a message is waiting for them. They will need to log in to eVisit to view the message. If the patient replies to your post visit message, you will see a notification in the visit row.
How to send a post visit message - Mobile device
You also can send a post visit message from your mobile device (if your organization permits the use of personal mobile devices).
- In the top right corner of your screen, tap the User Menu icon (Fig. 5)
- Tap Visit History
- Locate and tap the appropriate visit; you can use the search bar to search for by the patient's first or last name
- Tap Visit Details
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and tap Chat
- Create your post visit message and tap Send
The patient will receive a text message and/or an email alerting them there is a message waiting for them. Your practice may have enabled the ability for patients to reply. If they reply and you have not opened the message within 20 minutes, you will receive a text message alerting you there is a message waiting.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help! Please contact eVisit Technical Support at (928) 297-2294 or email us at email@example.com.