You will set your availability using time-blocks. Availability time blocks specify the kind of visit you will accept during a specific period of time. For example, you can make yourself available for scheduled visits only every Tuesday and Wednesday morning from 8:30-11:00 AM and both scheduled and See Now, or on-call, visits the rest of the day.
Note: Some organizations have schedulers and administrators manage their provider’s availability. Check with your organization to confirm if you can modify your own availability and schedule.
Before you begin creating your availability time blocks consider the kinds of visits you will be available for. In eVisit, there are two kinds of visits: Scheduled and See Now, or on-call.
Scheduled visits are standard appointments that are scheduled in advance by either the patient or the practice.
See Now visits are on-demand visits are similar to a walk-in, where patients request a visit without scheduling an appointment in advance.
Set Up Availability
Create a specific time block and choose to be available for one or both kinds of visits. You can choose from three availability options:
- Schedulable – Patients can only schedule a visit with you during this time
- Available – Patients can request an On-Call/See Now visit with you
- Schedulable & Available – Patient can either schedule or request a see now visit during this time block
Creating Availability Time Blocks
To begin, open your user menu.
- Click My Account
- From the menu on the left, choose Availability
The Set Availability calendar will display.
- Inside the calendar, click in the column of the day you want create an availability time block
- In the Availability window, adjust the start and end time in the Time field
In this example, we have created an availability time block of 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM. We have also selected the availability options of both on-call and scheduled visits.
- Put me on call – Select to enable patients to request a See Now visit
- Allow scheduled visits – Select to enable either the patient or staff to schedule a visit with you during this time
- Select both options to make yourself available for both kinds of visits
Select Repeat weekly to repeat this availability time block every week.
Note: You can create availability time blocks throughout the day/week for schedulable visits, on-call visits, or both. In the example below:
A) Monday has Schedulable and On Call from 8:00 Am – 12:00 PM
B) Tuesday has On Call only from 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
C) Wednesday has Schedulable only from 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
D) Thursday has On Call only from 8:00 AM – 9:30 AM and Schedulable only from 9:45 AM – 12:00 PM
5. Create more availability time blocks as needed
6. Click Save after you add each availability time block
To edit or remove an availability block, click inside the block, make the necessary changes, and then save your changes.
Enabling Ad-Hoc On Call Availability
You can also manage your on-call (See Now) visit availability by using the toggle button located next to your user menu.
To enable availability for See Now visits, click the toggle so it turns to green and displays the words ON CALL. Toggle it when you want to be immediately available to patients for See Now visits. You will not have to create an availability block for it. To disable this availability, click the toggle so it turns to red and displays the word UNAVAILABLE.
Note: If you have an availability block with the “Put me on call” option enabled, toggling the ON CALL button to UNAVAILABLE will override that setting in the availability block and your patients will not be able to see you for See Now visits.
Still Have Questions?
We’re here to help! Please contact eVisit Technical Support at (928) 297-2294 or email us at email@example.com.