During a virtual visit, you may need to confer with a colleague, step away from your computer, or refer the patient to a different provider in your organization. The Requeue feature in eVisit enables you to place your patient on a brief hold while you step away, or when the patient needs a moment of privacy.
Use the Reassign feature to refer the patient to another provider or if another teammate needs to complete additional steps after you're done with your portion of the visit. Placing the patient in that teammate's waiting room will enable them to continue the visit seamlessly.
From Your Desktop Computer:
Click here to go to Mobile Device instructions.
Requeue a Patient:
- While you’re in the visit, move your cursor to the top of the screen and select Requeue from the in-visit control panel
Choose Requeue to place your patient on a brief hold
Note: The patient will return to the waiting room and a message will display letting them know that they've been placed on hold. You can restart the visit from your waiting room by clicking Start.
Reassign a Patient:
You may be able to reassign a patient to another provider from the waiting room, or during a visit.
- From the waiting room, click Reassign, or
- During the visit, click Requeue
Both options display a list of providers to choose from. You can search for a specific provider by using the search bar, and narrow the search by using the Provider filter.
When you locate the appropriate provider, click their name, then click Assign
A success message will display informing you that the patient has been reassigned to the other provider, and the patient will receive a similar message.
- Click Okay to exit
From Your Mobile Device:
- Tap Start Visit
- Tap the screen to bring up the in-visit menu, then tap the ellipses to open the in-visit options
- Tap Reassign patient
- Tap Requeue to place the patient on a brief hold
- If you want to reassign the patient to another provider, tap Reassign, then
- Locate the provider you want to assign the patient to by using the search bar and/or search filters
- Tap the provider's name, then tap Assign
- A success window will display, tap Okay to exit
Still have questions?
We’re here to help! Please contact eVisit Technical Support at (928) 297-2294 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.