In eVisit, you can schedule a virtual visit for a future date and time, or if your provider is available (on-call), you can request a see-now visit, without the need to schedule in advance. Both can easily be done right from your computer.
However, make sure your provider’s office allows you to self-schedule in eVisit. Some organizations prefer that you schedule appointments through their scheduling department, just like you would do if you were having an in-office visit. If this is the case, follow the instructions they’ve given to you.
It's important to note that some offices require information that others do not. You may be asked to verify your location, provide insurance information, or select a preferred pharmacy. Because eVisit is highly configurable and customizable, the images in this guide may be different than your actual experience.
Types of Virtual Visits
Use Schedule to make a virtual visit appointment for a date and time in the future. By using the schedule method, you will be able to schedule a virtual visit appointment directly from your computer.
Some providers make themselves available to be “on-call”. Use See Now for those time when you need to see a provider as soon as possible for non-emergency visits. Because you will enter the waiting room right away, ensure that you are in a safe, private, and well-lit location when you request a See Now visit. If you are unsure if and when your provider offers See Now visits, please contact them directly.
How to Schedule a Visit from Your Computer
To schedule a visit from your desktop, follow these steps:
- Log into eVisit through your web browser
- If you see the Upcoming Visits screen it means you have a visit scheduled, click the down arrow next to your name, then click Request Visit
If there are no upcoming visits, you will see the Select a Patient page. Click Select next your name, or your dependent if you are scheduling an appointment for them.
- Your provider’s office may require you to verify the state you're in, if so, click the down arrow and select the correct state, then click Continue
If you don't see the Confirm your Location screen, the next screen you will see is the Select a Visit screen.
- Select the Visit Type that best fits the reason you’re requesting a visit
Note: Visit types vary by practice. Some practices may have many visit types while others may have only one.
- On the Select a Provider screen, find your provider and click Schedule
- Select a day and time, and scroll to the bottom of the page and click Continue
- Enter the required Visit Information, then click Continue
Note: The Visit Information screen may not look like this example. Providers can ask a variety of questions.
- At the Review Details screen, make sure the information is correct, click the Acknowledgment box, then click Schedule Visit
Request and Join a See Now Visit from Your Computer
You may need to see your provider, and can't wait for a scheduled visit. If your provider offers See Now visits, you’ll be able to request a virtual visit quickly, anytime, anywhere from your computer as long as you have access to the Internet.
To request and join a See Now visit, follow these steps:
- After you log in to eVisit you will see one of two screens: Upcoming Visits if you have a future visit scheduled, or Select a Patient if you don't have an upcoming visit scheduled
- If it’s the Upcoming Visits screen, open the User Menu and click Request Visit – if it’s the Select a Patient screen, just choose the patient by clicking the Select button on the row that contains their name
- Scroll through the list to find your provider
- At the far right side of the provider's row, click See Now
Note: If you don’t see the See Now option, your provider is currently unavailable.
- Complete the Visit Information requested, then click Continue
- Scroll down to review your information then at the bottom of the screen, click the acknowledgement box and click Start Visit
- You will be placed into your waiting room and your provider will be notified you’re there
Note: You may be asked to allow access to your camera and microphone.
When your provider joins the visit on their end, you will see each other, and your visit will start.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help! Please contact eVisit Technical Support at (928) 297-2294 or email us at email@example.com.