In eVisit, you can schedule a telemedicine visit (also known as a virtual visit) for a future date and time, or if your provider is available, you can request a See Now visit without the need to schedule in advance. Both can easily be done right from your smartphone or tablet.
However, confirm your provider’s office allows you to schedule your visits in eVisit. Some organizations prefer that you schedule appointments through their scheduling department, just like you would if you had an in-office visit. If this is the case, follow the instructions they’ve given to you.
It's important to note that some offices require information that others do not. You may be asked to verify your location, provide insurance information, or select a preferred pharmacy. The images in this guide may be different than your experience.
Types of telemedicine visits
Use the Schedule option to make a telemedicine appointment for a date and time. Using the schedule method, you can schedule a telemedicine appointment directly from your smartphone or tablet.
Some providers make themselves available to be “on-call.” Use See Now when you need to see a provider as soon as possible for non-emergency visits. Because you will enter the waiting room immediately, ensure that you are in a safe, private, and well-lit location when you request a See Now visit. If you are unsure when your provider offers See Now visits, please get in touch with them directly.
How to request a See-Now Visit or Schedule a visit from your mobile device
To create a see-now visit or schedule a visit from your smartphone or tablet, follow these steps:
- Log into eVisit through your mobile browser or the eVisit app
- If you see the Upcoming Visits screen, tap the User Menu (three horizontal lines), then tap Request Visit; tap Select next to the name of the patient requesting the appointment
- Select the Visit Type that best fits the reason you’re requesting a visit
Note: Visit types vary by practice. Some practices may have many visit types, while others may have only one.
- Find your provider and tap Schedule
To request a See-Now visit, click here.
- From the highlighted dates and times, select the date and time for the visit
Use the left and right caret arrows to view a different month or year.
- From the available times that display, select a time, and scroll to the bottom of the page and tap Continue
- Enter the required Visit Information, then tap Continue
Note: The Visit Information requested may vary from practice to practice.
- At the Review Details screen, make sure the information is correct, then tap Schedule Visit
If you need to change anything, select the Edit icon next to the item you need to update, or at the top left of the screen, tap Back to return to the previous screen.
- Tap I Acknowledge to confirm all the information is correct
A window will appear saying Visit Scheduled. It will disappear on its own. After successfully scheduling your visit, you will be placed back in the Upcoming VIsits screen. There you will see the visit you just scheduled.
How to request and join a See Now visit
You may need to see your provider and cannot wait for a scheduled visit. If your provider allows See Now visits, you can request a virtual visit quickly, anytime, anywhere from your smartphone or tablet, as long as you can access the Internet.
- On the Select a Provider screen, tap See Now
- Complete the Visit Information requested, then tap Continue
- Scroll down to review your information, then at the bottom of the screen, tap the acknowledgment box, then tap Start Visit
- Acknowledge all the details are correct
- Tap the agreements boxes, then tap Next
You may be placed in the Video Lobby. If so, you will see Figures 17-19. Tap Join Visit Now to be placed in the waiting room.
Fig. 17 Fig. 18 Fig. 19
Here are the sections and tools you will see in the waiting room.
A. Notification: your provider has been alerted that you are waiting
B. Settings (Change camera or microphone options)
C. Informing you if your microphone is off or on
D. Cancel Visit
E. Camera off or on
F. Microphone off or on
G. Open and use the chat feature
H. More (Contact support and invite other participants)
When your provider joins the visit on their end, you will see each other, and your visit will start.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help! Please contact eVisit Technical Support at (928) 297-2294 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.