In eVisit, you can schedule a virtual visit for a future date and time, or if your provider is available, you can request a See Now visit, without the need to schedule in advance. Both can easily be done right from your smartphone or tablet.
However, make sure your provider’s office allows you to schedule your visits in eVisit. Some organizations prefer that you schedule appointments through their scheduling department, just like you would do if you were having an in-office visit. If this is the case, follow the instructions they’ve given to you.
It's important to note that some offices require information that others do not. You may be asked to verify your location, provide insurance information, or select a preferred pharmacy. The images in this guide may be different than your actual experience.
Types of Virtual Visits
Use Schedule to make a virtual visit appointment for a date and time in the future. By using the schedule method, you will be able to schedule a virtual visit appointment directly from your smartphone or tablet.
Some providers make themselves available to be “on-call”. Use See Now for those times when you need to see a provider as soon as possible for non-emergency visits. Because you will enter the waiting room right away, ensure that you are in a safe, private, and well-lit location when you request a See Now visit. If you are unsure if-and-when your provider offers See Now visits, please contact them directly.
How to Schedule a Visit from Your Mobile Device
To schedule a visit from your smartphone or tablet, follow these steps:
- Log into eVisit through your mobile browser or the eVisit app
- If you see the Upcoming Visits screen, tap the User Menu (three horizontal lines) then tap Request Visit, otherwise tap Select next to the name of the patient requesting the appointment
- Select the Visit Type that best fits the reason you’re requesting a visit
Note: Visit types vary by practice. Some practices may have many types of visits while others may have only one or none.
- Find your provider and tap Schedule
- From the highlighted dates and times, select the date and time for the visit
Use the left and right caret arrows to view a different month or year.
- From the available times that display, select a time, and scroll to the bottom of the page to tap Continue
- Enter the required Visit Information, then tap Continue
Note: The Visit Information requested may vary from practice to practice.
- At the Review and Confirm screen, make sure the information is correct, tap the Acknowledgment box, then tap Confirm Visit
If you need to change anything, select the Edit icon next to the item you need to update, or at the top left of the screen, tap Back to return to the previous screen.
Request and Join a See Now Visit
You may need to see your provider, and you cannot wait for a scheduled visit. If your provider allows See Now visits, you’ll be able to request a virtual visit quickly, anytime, anywhere from your smartphone or tablet as long as you have access to the Internet.
To request and join a See Now visit, follow these steps:
- After you log in to eVisit you will see one of two screens: Upcoming Visits if you have a future visit scheduled, or Select a Patient if you do not have a future visit scheduled
- If it’s the Upcoming Visits screen, tap Request Visit – if it’s the Select a Patient screen, just select the patient by tapping directly on their name or Select
- Select the Visit Type you need if applicable
Note: Your options here may vary. The image below is just an example of what you may see. Some practices may have many options, while others may only have one or none.
- Scroll through the list to find your provider
Note: If you don’t see the See Now option, your provider is not available right now. You can call your doctor's office to know when or if they will be available for on-demand visits through eVisit.
- Tap See Now
- Complete the Visit Information requested, then tap Continue
- Scroll down to review your information then at the bottom of the screen, tap the acknowledgment box then tap Start Visit
- You will be placed into your waiting room and your provider will be notified you’re there
A. Notification your provider has been alerted that you are waiting
B. Video controls (turn cam and microphone off and on, flip camera, settings, and support)
C. In visit chat
D. Visit attendees
- You may be asked to give access to your device’s camera and microphone, if so, be sure to tap Allow so your provider can see you and hear you
When your provider joins the visit on their end, you will see each other, and your visit will start.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help! Please contact eVisit Technical Support at (928) 297-2294 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.