In this guide, providers will learn how to use ePrescribe to edit a patient’s preferred pharmacy, write a prescription in eVisit, and modify existing prescriptions. ePrescribe allows providers to write and send prescriptions for medications and medical supplies. ePrescribe is available for a provider once a visit is active in the waiting room as well as after a completed visit. There is no set time limit to submit the prescription.
Note: There are some limitations with ePrescribe. Please be aware that ePrescribe does not provide the ability to prescribe schedule/controlled medications or to display:
- Drug-on-drug interaction alerts
- Known allergy interactions
- Prescription insurance benefits summary
Edit a Patient’s Preferred Pharmacy
As you would in an in-office visit, confirm the pharmacy on file is accurate. If it’s not, you will need to edit the patient’s preferred pharmacy. Follow these steps to choose another pharmacy:
- Open the visit sidebar and click the RX icon
A. Edit the patient’s preferred pharmacy
B. Add a new prescription to the visit
- In the Preferred Pharmacy section, click the edit icon
- Enter the pharmacy address or zip
- Use the map to locate the pharmacy, or scroll the list below the map
- When you locate the correct pharmacy, select it
- Click Update
Write a New Prescription
In eVisit, you can write prescriptions for both medications and medical supplies. You will follow similar steps when prescribing either of these items.
If the patient’s phone number is incorrect or not in service, the prescription request will not be completed. The patient will need to edit their phone number in their user account after the visit is completed to receive their prescription.
- Open the visit sidebar and click RX
- Click Add Prescription
By default, the Medication tab is selected. Click Supply if you need to prescribe durable medical goods.
- Type the name of a medication in the Name field to view a list of matching results
- Select the medication you wish to prescribe
After selecting a medication, additional fields will appear. Complete each field as needed.
- Click Save
If you need to change the prescription, click the edit icon.
- You can add additional prescriptions if necessary, then when you’re ready, click Submit All
The patient will receive a notification from eVisit letting them know the pharmacy will be contacting them when it is ready for pick-up.
Favoriting a Prescription
If you find that your patients need some of the same prescriptions, save time by adding the prescription as a favorite medication. Next time you prescribe it to a patient, select it from the list of favorites by clicking the star upon creating a prescription.
If you want to add a favorite medication, after you write the prescription:
- Select the Favorite medications checkbox
- Click Save
The medication is now saved as a favorite for the providers in the practice.
Still Have Questions?
We’re here to help! Please contact eVisit Technical Support at (928) 297-2294 or email us at email@example.com.