Tips for a Successful Visit
Technical Tips for a Successful Online Visit
Plan ahead for a successful eVisit experience! Review the tips below to make sure you’re ready to connect with a provider when it’s time for your visit.
- Decide in advance what device you will use for your visit.
- You can use devices like desktop computers and laptops, as well as iPhone or Android smartphones and tablets that are not more than six years old. A working camera and microphone are also required.
- Confirm you can connect to the internet.
- WiFi connections, such as your home or office internet, are stronger than cellular network connections.
- Before joining your visit, be sure that any apps that also use the camera and microphone, such as FaceTime or Skype are closed.
- Use the recommended browser for the device you’ve chosen to use for the visit:
- Desktop computers or laptops – Chrome or Firefox
- iPhones or iPads – Safari Web Browser or download eVisit app
- Android devices – Chrome or Firefox or download eVisit app
- If using a smartphone or tablet, be sure your device’s software is up to date.
Telemedicine Etiquette for Patients
Following the below recommendations will help to ensure the best possible telemedicine experience:
- Find a private area in your home or office where you can speak with your provider; look for an area with good lighting so your provider can see you clearly.
- Be stationary; avoid connecting to your visit while in the car or while walking around.
- Dress as you would if you were visiting your provider in person.
- Come prepared with any questions or notes you wish to discuss with your provider.
- Be ready and waiting to join your visit 5-10 minutes prior to the scheduled start time.
- Watch your text messages and/or email for the link to join your visit.
- Have your provider’s office number handy in case you need to contact them.
If you still need assistance, please submit a ticket